Friday, June 27, 2014

Reminders

What a stunning and beautiful day in Christchurch.  The sun shining brightly,  clear skies and the temperature perfect for a morning walk on Sumner beach.  With my iPhone in my pocket and earphones in my ears, music turned to maximum, I commenced my morning walk.  So peaceful and amazing to be in His presence as I walked along the water's edge.

It wasn't long before I looked to my left and saw this.


This picture is a reminder to all the people living in Christchurch of the devastating earthquake on 22 February 2011 @ 12h51 where 182 people lost their lives and thousands and thousands of homes damaged.  Seeing the devastation always brings a tear to my eyes.  My eyes begin to sweat.  I began to thank God for His hand upon our lives.

We all carry the 'battle scars'  of life.  The 'battle scars' are reminders of God grace and His mercy. They are reminders of His saving grace and His healing power.  They are reminders of where you once were and where you are today.  Praise God

For me personal, I thank God for calling me out of spiritual darkness and into His glorious light.

As we look at our "battle scars", our reminders, let us be thankful and grateful for God 's continued grace and mercy upon of lives.  Thank you Jesus

#promised promises    #bwlife

No comments :

Post a Comment